Modern slavery likely touches your life in a tangible, direct way. It can leave you with a desire to do something about it. That's where we come in.
We provide the awareness, tools, networking and strategies that will build your anti-trafficking expertise and connect you with a larger community. But we want to be sure that you take what you learn and pass it on. There are a wide variety of ways you can turn your interest into action. One important way you can help is with a donation to the Global Freedom Center. We can process your credit card such as visa, discover, amex, mastercard with this page.
As a concerned citizen: There are a number of things that you can do as a concerned citizen to help stop human trafficking and slavery in your neighborhood, community, and the world:
- Make sure what you have learned here doesn't stop with you. Pass it on to someone else through Facebook and Twitter, or do it the old-fashioned way by just talking with a friend, neighbor or colleague who will share your concern.
- Know the signs of trafficking and be ready to report it.
- Learn more about what types of trafficking occurs in your country and city, and how the government and NGOs respond to it.
- Start asking questions – What does your child’s school teach about modern slavery? Are local police trained on how to detect and respond to trafficking? Does your employer have a supply chain free of forced labor? How can you determine whether a job offer and company are legitimate?
- Invest in and support socially responsible companies.
- Let elected officials and corporate leaders know that you want them to address this issue.
As a practitioner: Here are a few things the practitioners can do to help achieve the cultural shift necessary to stop human trafficking:
- Incorporate Global Freedom Center materials into your own presentations, outreach efforts and trainings.
- Sign up to be alerted as videos, webinars and publications are added.
- Let us know what type of information and materials would be valuable to you in your work.
- Share our materials within your organization and networks.
- Let us applaud your good work. We are always looking to feature individuals and projects so that others can learn new and interesting approaches.
As a supporter of the Global Freedom Center: Tweet, post a message on Facebook, or send an email requesting your community to support the Global Freedom Center.